Ference out 6-8 weeks with fractured tibia
|11.15.08 at 5:01 pm ET|
NESN is reporting that Bruins blueliner Andrew Ference will be out 6-8 weeks with a fractured right tibia, an injury suffered while blocking an Andre Markov blast against the Canadiens Thursday night. The B’s will put young defenseman Matt Hunwick into the lineup for tonight’s game against the New York Rangers in Madison Square Garden, but the long term loss of Ference could prompt the Bruins’ front office to make a move for a defenseman on the trade market. Stay turned to Pucks with Haggs for any further details as they develop
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season