Sounds of the game… Bruins 7, Sabres 4
|11.19.08 at 9:08 pm ET|
One sign of a really good team that believes it can go deep into the playoffs is finding out early in the season that it can win games in many different ways. The Boston Bruins are proving just that. They won back-to-back 1-0 games against Edmonton and Vancouver. They won a hard-fought 3-2 decision on the road on Monday night in Toronto. They lost defenseman Andrew Ference with a fractured right leg and were without Marco Sturm, out with an upper body injury. And, to the admission of center Marc Savard, they came out sluggish on Wednesday night against Buffalo after getting a day off on Tuesday. After falling behind 4-2 midway through the first period, the light went on, the red light behind Sabres goalie Ryan Miller – five straight times to be exact as the Bruins prevailed 7-4, their 10th win in 12 games, a stretch that has seen them capture 21 of a possible 24 points.
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1 Habs 2
- Fresh Links: 721 Edition