Sounds of the game… Bruins 5, Lightning 3
|12.09.08 at 7:32 am ET|
You know you’re a good hockey team when your coach says, “We’re getting used to wins, and that’s nice. But we’re at the stage now where we’re really looking at how we’re winning hockey games.” Claude Julien didn’t have to say anything to his team following its 5-3 dispatching of the woebegone Tampa Bay Lightning at the Garden. He left them to think about how a 3-0 first period lead turned into a nail-biter in the final minute of regulation. All of which leads to this, when you are a good team you learn from your wins just as much as your losses and that was the case last night. The Bruins are still in phenomenal shape at 19-4-4, with 42 points and atop the Eastern Conference. Only the unconscious San Jose Sharks have more points in the NHL.
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition