Chara and B’s lead 2-1 after two periods
|01.13.09 at 8:44 pm ET|
Zdeno Chara normally gets plaudits and Norris Trophy talk for his shutdown defenisve ability, but he’s been an offensive force tonight. Andrei Kostitsyn scored on a follow-up shot of a Tim Thomas rebound to give the Habs a 1-0 lead in the second period, but a pair of Chara power play strikes have the Black and Gold holding a 2-0 lead at the end of two periods. The Habs power play score, assisted by brother Sergei Kostitsyn came early in the period, but Zdeno Chara answered with a tap-in from the doorstep at the 8:23 mark of the second, and then gave the Bruins the lead when his shot from the right point ricocheted off a stick and soared past Jaroslav Halak. The B’s have the 2-1 advantage after two periods of play.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition