Ward re-aggravated charley horse
|01.13.09 at 9:13 pm ET|
Aaron Ward played 11:57 during the first two periods, but hasn’t returned since getting hit from behind by Andrei Kostitsyn during the second period. Kostitsyn was whistled for a five minute boarding major, and the Bruins just announced that Ward won’t return to the lineup tonight.
B’s coach Claude Julien indicated after the game that Ward re-aggravated the charley horse injury he’s been playing with over the past few games, and perhaps injured himself a bit more when he was hit from behind.
“He reaggravated that part of his leg and he may have gotten a little more [of an injury],” said Julien. “It’s hard to say. With those kinds of charley horses things creep up and they can spread out to somewhere else. It’s one of those injuries where it’s really hard to tell you. It could be a day…it could be a couple of days or it could be a week.
“We’re trying to get him a chance to obviously get better and maybe this time there’s a chance we’ll wait until we get him back at 100 percent,” added Julien.
Furthermore, Julien voiced a hope that someone will soon be “made an example of” by the league so hits like Kostitsyn’s mugging from behind will become a thing of the past in the NHL.
“The biggest issue with me is that this isn’t the first time [Kostitsyn] has done this,” said Julien. “We’re trying to eliminate that from the game. I know he got hit like that once earlier this year, but I don’t like to see things like that happening over and over from the same guys. Sooner or later we need to step in there and make an example out of somebody.”
- Stanley Cup Final Quick Recap: Bruins lose 6-5 in OT. See ya Monday, TD...
- Public Skate: Bruins 5 Blackhawks 5 OT TIME Y'ALLLLLLL
- Public Skate: Game 4, Bruins 3, Blackhawks 4 - Third Period
- Stanley Cup Final: HNIC Game 4 Intro: Killing it, as usual.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Complete Coverage
- Bruin text messages: a Cup of Chowder exclusive
- 3 Questions with... MightyMikeD of Cheer the Anthem