Sounds of the game… Bruins 3, Capitals 2 OT
|01.27.09 at 11:19 pm ET|
It was an ugly game between two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.
And appropriately, the contest featured a bizarre ending.
David Krejci’s shot ricocheted off Shaone Morrisonn’s leg and past Jose Theodore for a power play goal at 1:55 of overtime as the Bruins finally found a way to beat the Washington Captials, 3-2, in overtime. It was their first win over Washington in three tries.
Significant, if only because both teams felt afterward they could be seeing each other again come the spring in the NHL playoffs.
The game was also symbolic to the Bruins because of the return of three key components to their early-season success.
Defenseman Andrew Ference came back after a 31-game absence due to a fractured right leg. Milan Lucic was out seven games with a bum shoulder. And Patrice Bergeron returned after missing 15 games with a concussion.
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...