Edwards off his feet with enthusiasm
|01.27.09 at 9:08 pm ET|
Though this blogger didn’t witness it, we have a couple of reliable reports that NESN play-by-play announcer Jack Edwards got a little “overexcited”after Savard’s game-tying goal in the second period, and — as a result – ended up on his back in the ninth floor press box at the Garden. Edwards, given the night off with Versus broadcasting the game, executed a double-fist pump and then went to high-five NESN sideline report Naoko Funayama following Savard’s power play strike. As he enthusiastically rose from his chair, Edwards tripped over something and tumbled to the ground while shaking his fists in exultation.
We can only imagine what he might have said on the air if he was actually broadcasting the game…perhaps something about stumbling into Wayne Gretzky’s office.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5