Chiarelli: Kessel a “good bet” to play tomorrow night
|01.28.09 at 4:50 pm ET|
Bruins General Peter Chiarelli confirmed to WEEI.com this afternoon what winger Phil Kessel and coach Claude Julien both alluded to after Bruins practice this morning: Kessel is likely to make his return to the B’s lineup tomorrow night against the New Jersey Devils at the TD Banknorth Garden. Kessel has been out since Jan. 10 with a case of mono, but was cleared by team doctors yesterday to play in game action.
“I’m hoping. I think there’s a good bet that he’s going to play,” said Chiarelli. “It may be a game time decision, but I’m hoping that he’ll play.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara