|B’s take 1-0 lead after two periods||01.31.09 at 2:35 pm ET|
Marc Savard redirected a Dennis Wideman shot with less than a minute to go in the second period to give the Bruins a 1-0 lead. The goal was reviewed by the NHL offices in Toronto to determine if Savard raised his stick too high on the tip, but it was ruled a goal after a brief review.
Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask got the nod for the first time this season in net against the New York Rangers at the TD Banknorth Garden. Rask has made 20 saves while shutting down the Blueshirts thus far. The 21-year-old is 2-1-1 with a 3.25 GAA in four career NHL appearances with the Black and Gold. The Bruins on the strength of Savard’s goal have a 1-0 lead after two periods of play.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Shut It Down
- GIF RECAP: Bruins 2, Rangers 1: Doppelganger Hockey!
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power