|B’s and Habs tied 1-1 after one period||02.01.09 at 2:52 pm ET|
The Bruins ended the first period with a bang as Dennis Wideman scored the game-tying goal with only .6 seconds on the clock. Robert Lang roofed a shot from the right faceoff circle that gave the Canadiens a short-lived 1-0 lead with less than two minutes to go in the first period. Tim Thomas made five saves in the period, including a solid stop of a Mike Komisarek bid from the high slot that left a rebound Robert Lang couldn’t corral.
Shawn Thornton and blueliner Alex Henry also got their hostilities out early in this one with a solid brawl just minutes in the first period. Lang made up for his missed opportunity by scoring the power play strike that gives the Habs a 1-0 lead. The Canadiens and Bruins are tied 1-1 after one period of play.
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.