Thornton pots go-ahead score
|02.01.09 at 4:10 pm ET|
MONTREAL — Shawn Thornton gave the Bruins their first lead of the game when he popped in a Byron Bitz pass from just in front of the net halfway through the second period. It’s been an active night for Thornton, who dropped the gloves in the opening minutes of the game with Canadiens defenseman Alex Henry in his first game up from the AHL.
Once again the 6-foot-1, 209-pound Thornton was giving up size and a significant reach in the bout with the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Henry fresh off the bus from Hamilton — but came out of with at least a draw and a few good shot tossed in during a lengthy scrap.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5