|Thornton pots go-ahead score||02.01.09 at 4:10 pm ET|
MONTREAL — Shawn Thornton gave the Bruins their first lead of the game when he popped in a Byron Bitz pass from just in front of the net halfway through the second period. It’s been an active night for Thornton, who dropped the gloves in the opening minutes of the game with Canadiens defenseman Alex Henry in his first game up from the AHL.
Once again the 6-foot-1, 209-pound Thornton was giving up size and a significant reach in the bout with the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Henry fresh off the bus from Hamilton — but came out of with at least a draw and a few good shot tossed in during a lengthy scrap.
- Fresh Links: The Wrong Garden Edition
- Game 3 Preview: Bruins vs. Rangers. MSG. No Seidenberg after all. Let's...
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Gameday
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2
- Dear NBC: Time To Acknowledge The AHL