Thornton pots go-ahead score
|02.01.09 at 4:10 pm ET|
MONTREAL — Shawn Thornton gave the Bruins their first lead of the game when he popped in a Byron Bitz pass from just in front of the net halfway through the second period. It’s been an active night for Thornton, who dropped the gloves in the opening minutes of the game with Canadiens defenseman Alex Henry in his first game up from the AHL.
Once again the 6-foot-1, 209-pound Thornton was giving up size and a significant reach in the bout with the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Henry fresh off the bus from Hamilton — but came out of with at least a draw and a few good shot tossed in during a lengthy scrap.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara