Flyers’ Jones nets game-winner in overtime
|02.07.09 at 4:36 pm ET|
Boston Bruins Public Enemy No. 1 Randy Jones, who heard a chorus of boos from the Garden crowd each time he touched the puck on Saturday afternoon, rifled a shot from the right point that pinballed off Andrew Ference in front of the net and then past goaltender Manny Fernandez.
The goal game with two minutes to go in the overtime session and handed the B’s their second post-All-Star break overtime loss during a brutal Eastern Conference stretch. The Bruins have picked up at least one point in each of those first eight games, and cap off the stretch with the Western Conference-leading San Jose Sharks at the Garden on Tuesday night.
Check back in a little bit at Pucks With Haggs for a breakdown of Saturday’s game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara