Flyers’ Jones nets game-winner in overtime
|02.07.09 at 4:36 pm ET|
Boston Bruins Public Enemy No. 1 Randy Jones, who heard a chorus of boos from the Garden crowd each time he touched the puck on Saturday afternoon, rifled a shot from the right point that pinballed off Andrew Ference in front of the net and then past goaltender Manny Fernandez.
The goal game with two minutes to go in the overtime session and handed the B’s their second post-All-Star break overtime loss during a brutal Eastern Conference stretch. The Bruins have picked up at least one point in each of those first eight games, and cap off the stretch with the Western Conference-leading San Jose Sharks at the Garden on Tuesday night.
Check back in a little bit at Pucks With Haggs for a breakdown of Saturday’s game.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?