Flyers’ Jones nets game-winner in overtime
|02.07.09 at 4:36 pm ET|
Boston Bruins Public Enemy No. 1 Randy Jones, who heard a chorus of boos from the Garden crowd each time he touched the puck on Saturday afternoon, rifled a shot from the right point that pinballed off Andrew Ference in front of the net and then past goaltender Manny Fernandez.
The goal game with two minutes to go in the overtime session and handed the B’s their second post-All-Star break overtime loss during a brutal Eastern Conference stretch. The Bruins have picked up at least one point in each of those first eight games, and cap off the stretch with the Western Conference-leading San Jose Sharks at the Garden on Tuesday night.
Check back in a little bit at Pucks With Haggs for a breakdown of Saturday’s game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season