Chiarelli: a 60-75 percent chance of a deal before deadline
|02.19.09 at 2:25 pm ET|
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told WEEI’s Dale and Holley this morning that there’s a 60-75 percent chance that he’ll pull off a trade before the NHL trade deadline on March 4. Names like Erik Cole, Keith Tkachuk and Jordan Leopold have been among the most frequent mentioned in trade rumors, and the B’s head honcho answered in the affirmative when asked if he wanted to pull off a deal before the deadline.
“We recognize the chemistry issue, but we have a couple of areas where we’d like to improve,” said Chiarelli. “We’d like to get bigger up front. When you get into those playoff series and those grinds — and you saw it in the San Jose game — those big forwards can wear you down.”
Check back in a bit for an entire transcript of the interview, but you can hear Chiarelli on with Dale and Holley here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5