Chiarelli: a 60-75 percent chance of a deal before deadline
|02.19.09 at 2:25 pm ET|
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told WEEI’s Dale and Holley this morning that there’s a 60-75 percent chance that he’ll pull off a trade before the NHL trade deadline on March 4. Names like Erik Cole, Keith Tkachuk and Jordan Leopold have been among the most frequent mentioned in trade rumors, and the B’s head honcho answered in the affirmative when asked if he wanted to pull off a deal before the deadline.
“We recognize the chemistry issue, but we have a couple of areas where we’d like to improve,” said Chiarelli. “We’d like to get bigger up front. When you get into those playoff series and those grinds — and you saw it in the San Jose game — those big forwards can wear you down.”
Check back in a bit for an entire transcript of the interview, but you can hear Chiarelli on with Dale and Holley here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara