Panthers take lead on short-handed score by Dvorak
|02.21.09 at 9:01 pm ET|
The B’ opened up the third period on a power play and seemed to be ready to take control of the game, but a shorthanded strike by Radek Dvorak, who is having a heck of a game for the Panthers, took a long pass from Jay Bouwmeester on the PK and managed to slip past a turned-around P.J. Axelsson and Zdeno Chara.
Once beyond the two points, Dvorak roofed a backhanded bid past Thomas, and the Panthers now lead the B’s by a 1-0 score with 14:57 left to go in the third and final period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara