Panthers take lead on short-handed score by Dvorak
|02.21.09 at 9:01 pm ET|
The B’ opened up the third period on a power play and seemed to be ready to take control of the game, but a shorthanded strike by Radek Dvorak, who is having a heck of a game for the Panthers, took a long pass from Jay Bouwmeester on the PK and managed to slip past a turned-around P.J. Axelsson and Zdeno Chara.
Once beyond the two points, Dvorak roofed a backhanded bid past Thomas, and the Panthers now lead the B’s by a 1-0 score with 14:57 left to go in the third and final period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5