Bruins and Lightning tied at 2-2 after one period
|02.22.09 at 5:55 pm ET|
TAMPA, Fl. — Andrew Ference banged in his first power play score of the season — and his first goal of any kind this season — as the newest left-handed shot to try out for that all-important fifth spot along the right side boards on Boston’s top power play. The Ference goal came off a great cross-ice pass from Marc Savard at the left point as he waited for the puck on the sideboards and lifted a shot past Tampa goaltender Karri Ramo.
The Ference tied things up at 2-2 after one full period of play, and finished an eventful first 20 minutes of play that featured a boatload of Grade A chances and a pair of fights: Shawn Thornton and David Koci in the undercard and Mark Stuart and Gary Roberts in a pretty good bout toward the end of the first.
The two fights marked Boston’s first dropping of the gloves in their last nine games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara