Byron Bitz dirty score extends the lead to 3-1
|02.24.09 at 8:41 pm ET|
The B’s brass has long been preaching for more courageous coverage within the dirty areas of the ice, and it doesn’t get any dirtier than directly in front of the opposing net. That’s exactly where 6-foot-5 Byron Bitz camped himself in the second period, and it allowed him to redirect a Stephane Yelle shot from the sideboards past Florida goalie Craig Anderson.
The goal hit the roof of the net and then quickly shot back out of the net just as rapidly as it entered.
The score was Bitz’s second goal of the season, and has given the Bruins a 3-1 lead over the Panthers at the end of two periods of play.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara