The Bruins floodgates have opened in third period
|02.24.09 at 9:06 pm ET|
The third period was Boston’s friend for much of the magical first half of the hockey, and it is again tonight after goals by Byron Bitz and veteran blueliner Aaron Ward. Bitz blasted home a juicy rebound of a Stephane Yelle shot and Ward scored on a long bomb shot from the right point.
The Bruins lead 5-1 over the Panthers with 11:23 to go in the third in a laugher at the Garden. Bonus info: decent little scrap by a pair of players with vistors on between the two goals as Chuck Kobasew and Florida D-man Keith Ballard dropped the gloves and threw a punch or two.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5