The Bruins floodgates have opened in third period
|02.24.09 at 9:06 pm ET|
The third period was Boston’s friend for much of the magical first half of the hockey, and it is again tonight after goals by Byron Bitz and veteran blueliner Aaron Ward. Bitz blasted home a juicy rebound of a Stephane Yelle shot and Ward scored on a long bomb shot from the right point.
The Bruins lead 5-1 over the Panthers with 11:23 to go in the third in a laugher at the Garden. Bonus info: decent little scrap by a pair of players with vistors on between the two goals as Chuck Kobasew and Florida D-man Keith Ballard dropped the gloves and threw a punch or two.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara