Matt Hunwick called back up to the Bruins
|02.25.09 at 9:55 am ET|
As expected, Matt Hunwick was called back up to Boston in time for B’s practice this morning. Hunwick hadn’t played in live action since early February, but finished with an assist and a pair of shots on net in Providence’ss 3-2 loss to the Manchester Monarchs on Tuesday night.
Here’s the release:
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Matt Hunwick from the Providence Bruins (American Hockey League). Hunwick is expected to be practice with the club today at 11:30 a.m. at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington, MA.
Hunwick was assigned to Providence yesterday, Tuesday, February 24, and recorded an assist in the P-Bruins’ 3-2 shootout loss to Manchester last night. He has seen action in 38 games this year for Boston and has recorded 3-12=15 totals and a +9 plus/minus rating. Hunwick skated in three games for the Providence this season, registering three assists.
Spending the majority of the 2007-2008 season in Providence, Hunwick posted 2-21-23 totals in 55 games. He was recalled to Boston on four separate occasions last year and tallied one assist in 13 games. The University of Michigan graduate was drafted by the Bruins in the seventh round (224th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara