Matt Hunwick called back up to the Bruins
|02.25.09 at 9:55 am ET|
As expected, Matt Hunwick was called back up to Boston in time for B’s practice this morning. Hunwick hadn’t played in live action since early February, but finished with an assist and a pair of shots on net in Providence’ss 3-2 loss to the Manchester Monarchs on Tuesday night.
Here’s the release:
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Matt Hunwick from the Providence Bruins (American Hockey League). Hunwick is expected to be practice with the club today at 11:30 a.m. at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington, MA.
Hunwick was assigned to Providence yesterday, Tuesday, February 24, and recorded an assist in the P-Bruins’ 3-2 shootout loss to Manchester last night. He has seen action in 38 games this year for Boston and has recorded 3-12=15 totals and a +9 plus/minus rating. Hunwick skated in three games for the Providence this season, registering three assists.
Spending the majority of the 2007-2008 season in Providence, Hunwick posted 2-21-23 totals in 55 games. He was recalled to Boston on four separate occasions last year and tallied one assist in 13 games. The University of Michigan graduate was drafted by the Bruins in the seventh round (224th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Preview: The kids are all right