|02.26.09 at 8:40 pm ET|
All hell has broken loose in the second period of the Bruins/Ducks game as a fiery scrap between Mike Brown and Milan Lucic ended with the Looch pounding away at the back of Brown’s head when he was already down on the ice. The fight turned into a team-wide donnybrook between the Ducks and Bruins with an instigator penalty for Brown and a third man in penalty for Sheldon Brookbank.
After watching the replays a series of three Ducks players seemed to be going after Lucic in front of the Anaheim net, and then both Brown and Lucic screamed and pointed at each other from the opposing penalty boxes.
Later Scott Niedermayer and Marc Savard dropped the gloves in a quick scrap between superstars after Niedermayer kept jabbing at the B’s center with the butt end of his stick.
The Big, Bad B’s still lead the Ducks by a 3-0 score with 2:27 to go in the first period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara