|02.26.09 at 8:40 pm ET|
All hell has broken loose in the second period of the Bruins/Ducks game as a fiery scrap between Mike Brown and Milan Lucic ended with the Looch pounding away at the back of Brown’s head when he was already down on the ice. The fight turned into a team-wide donnybrook between the Ducks and Bruins with an instigator penalty for Brown and a third man in penalty for Sheldon Brookbank.
After watching the replays a series of three Ducks players seemed to be going after Lucic in front of the Anaheim net, and then both Brown and Lucic screamed and pointed at each other from the opposing penalty boxes.
Later Scott Niedermayer and Marc Savard dropped the gloves in a quick scrap between superstars after Niedermayer kept jabbing at the B’s center with the butt end of his stick.
The Big, Bad B’s still lead the Ducks by a 3-0 score with 2:27 to go in the first period.
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1