|02.26.09 at 8:40 pm ET|
All hell has broken loose in the second period of the Bruins/Ducks game as a fiery scrap between Mike Brown and Milan Lucic ended with the Looch pounding away at the back of Brown’s head when he was already down on the ice. The fight turned into a team-wide donnybrook between the Ducks and Bruins with an instigator penalty for Brown and a third man in penalty for Sheldon Brookbank.
After watching the replays a series of three Ducks players seemed to be going after Lucic in front of the Anaheim net, and then both Brown and Lucic screamed and pointed at each other from the opposing penalty boxes.
Later Scott Niedermayer and Marc Savard dropped the gloves in a quick scrap between superstars after Niedermayer kept jabbing at the B’s center with the butt end of his stick.
The Big, Bad B’s still lead the Ducks by a 3-0 score with 2:27 to go in the first period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5