|Ducks and Bruins still scoreless in the third period||02.26.09 at 7:34 pm ET|
Energetic beginning to the Ducks/Bruins tilt at the Garden. Perhaps some players on either side of the benches think they could be playing for the other team before the March 4 deadline. No shame in attempting to impress.
Stephane Yelle drew the first penalty of the game mid-way through the first period on a wraparound bid followed by a rebound attempt that hit the right and left post. The B’s weren’t able to do any damage on the ensuing power play, but there was an outstanding Tim Thomas save on a Todd Marchant backhand bid while the Ducks were short-handed.
Blueliner Aaron Ward was a late scratch from the lineup due to an illness, so Matt Hunwick is in for the Black and Gold. Petteri Nokelainen and Martins Karsums were the other late scratches.
The B’s and Ducks are scoreless with 5:36 to go in the first period.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period