Ducks and Bruins still scoreless in the third period
|02.26.09 at 7:34 pm ET|
Energetic beginning to the Ducks/Bruins tilt at the Garden. Perhaps some players on either side of the benches think they could be playing for the other team before the March 4 deadline. No shame in attempting to impress.
Stephane Yelle drew the first penalty of the game mid-way through the first period on a wraparound bid followed by a rebound attempt that hit the right and left post. The B’s weren’t able to do any damage on the ensuing power play, but there was an outstanding Tim Thomas save on a Todd Marchant backhand bid while the Ducks were short-handed.
Blueliner Aaron Ward was a late scratch from the lineup due to an illness, so Matt Hunwick is in for the Black and Gold. Petteri Nokelainen and Martins Karsums were the other late scratches.
The B’s and Ducks are scoreless with 5:36 to go in the first period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara