Ducks and Bruins still scoreless in the third period
|02.26.09 at 7:34 pm ET|
Energetic beginning to the Ducks/Bruins tilt at the Garden. Perhaps some players on either side of the benches think they could be playing for the other team before the March 4 deadline. No shame in attempting to impress.
Stephane Yelle drew the first penalty of the game mid-way through the first period on a wraparound bid followed by a rebound attempt that hit the right and left post. The B’s weren’t able to do any damage on the ensuing power play, but there was an outstanding Tim Thomas save on a Todd Marchant backhand bid while the Ducks were short-handed.
Blueliner Aaron Ward was a late scratch from the lineup due to an illness, so Matt Hunwick is in for the Black and Gold. Petteri Nokelainen and Martins Karsums were the other late scratches.
The B’s and Ducks are scoreless with 5:36 to go in the first period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5