Matt Hunwick gives Bruins a 1-0 lead
|02.26.09 at 7:58 pm ET|
Matt Hunwick was sent down to Providence to play in an AHL game Tuesday night and knock the rust off, and it appears to have worked. The rookie blueliner followed a play in front of the net, beat Ducks forward Mike Brown to the puck and blasted a high wrist shot past Jean-Sebastien Giguere.
The B’s lead the Ducks by a 1-0 score after one full period of play.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara