Everything that Claude touches is magic, magic, magic
|02.28.09 at 1:29 pm ET|
The Capitals struck first on a Nicklas Backstrom power play goal, but B’s coach Claude Julien’s decision to move Matt Hunwick from defenseman to forward and place him in injured Milan Lucic’s spot on the top line paid immediate dividends for the Black and Gold. Hunwick took a pass from Marc Savard behind the net and jammed the puck through Jose Theodore’s pads to tie things up.
The B’s and Caps are tied at 1-1 with 6:09 to go in the first period before a packed house at the Garden, where the faithful have decided to boo Alex Ovechkin every time he touches the puck. Good times.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara