|Everything that Claude touches is magic, magic, magic||02.28.09 at 1:29 pm ET|
The Capitals struck first on a Nicklas Backstrom power play goal, but B’s coach Claude Julien’s decision to move Matt Hunwick from defenseman to forward and place him in injured Milan Lucic’s spot on the top line paid immediate dividends for the Black and Gold. Hunwick took a pass from Marc Savard behind the net and jammed the puck through Jose Theodore’s pads to tie things up.
The B’s and Caps are tied at 1-1 with 6:09 to go in the first period before a packed house at the Garden, where the faithful have decided to boo Alex Ovechkin every time he touches the puck. Good times.
- Bruins vs. Rangers Game 5 Preview: Please close this out
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces