Fernandez gives up a softie to make it a 1-1 hockey game
|03.03.09 at 8:06 pm ET|
18:11: Scottie Upshall ties it up for the Flyers when he walks in on the left side of Manny Fernandez and flips a puck off his right shoulder and into the net. Not exactly what the Bruins are looking for if Fernandez is potentially headed to Buffalo through Phoenix in a rumored three-way deal. The goal was strictly soft-serve.
13:03: Some Old Time Hockey for the B’s as Zdeno Chara plants a quick cross-check and right-hand jab on the kisser of Philly agitator Scott Hartnell after Hartnell smoked Michael Ryder with an open-ice in the Flyers D zone. Chara then tangled with 6-foot-5 Braydon Coburn when the big Flyers defenseman came calling for Big Z. Chara, Hartnell and Braydon Coburn have all gone to the box, with Chara slapped for a double minor roughing that has given the Flyers a power play.
4:20: Solid Fernandez save with the Flyers Jeff Carter making a short-handed rush up the ice and leveling a forehand bid at MF. Carter is an impressive combo of size and speed, and he absolutely blew Patrice Bergeron’s doors off in a race to the Boston net.
2:36: A near score by Byron Bitz as he rattled the crossbar on a long rebound attempt, but Antero Nittymaki did his best dead fish from Finland impersonation and flopped on the puck before Stephane Yelle could knock it between the pipes.
The B’s and Flyers are tied at 1-1 with 2:05 to go in the second period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara