Red-hot Bergeron puts Bruins on top with power play strike
|03.03.09 at 7:22 pm ET|
Interesting news out of Toronto that both Crimson maffia member Dominic Moore and 6-foot-6 Nik Antropov aren’t dressing for the Maple Leafs the night prior to the NHL trade deadline, but tonight is all about the Bruins/Flyers action at the TD Banknorth Garden.
There was a quick scrum just minutes into the game between the two hard-nosed hockey clubs, and it didn’t take long for Zdeno Chara to dump Flyers forward Mike Richards to the ground during a quick dump in attempt.
15:15: the B’s had the first power play opportunity and looked sharp on the man advantage, with the B’s almost scoring on a Chuck Kobasew rebound attempt from the slot area.
8:06: Breathtaking save by Antero Nittymaki on a David Krejci forehand attempt from the doorstep. Krejci picked up the puck and tossed it airborne, but Nittymaki was able to snatch the puck out of the air and take away a certain Bruins goal.
5:36: Patrice Bergeron continues to make a second half resurgance, and put the B’s on the board first with a sizzling power play strike from the left faceoff dot from a crisp, one-time pass by Zdeno Chara.
The Bruins are leading the Flyers by 1-0 score through one period of play.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Penguins, 7PM EST
- Bruins vs. Penguins Preview: Bounce-back.
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.