Two goals by Gagne in third sink the Bruins
|03.03.09 at 9:03 pm ET|
17:38: A pretty Simon Gagne tip of a long Andrew Alberts bomb from the right point beat Manny Fernandez and has given the Flyers a 2-1 lead. Gagne made a nice play to fend of Aaron Ward in front before reaching up to redirect the wrist shot. The score came after heavy pressure by Daniel Briere and Mike Knuble around the Boston net.
14:07: A great night for the Mike Knuble/Mike Richards/Gagne connection as Gagne flipped a no-look, backhanded pass to Knuble in the slot, and big body rifled a shot through Fernandez’s five-hole to make it a 3-1 lead for the Flyers.
4:28: Holding the stick penalty for Chuck Kobasew after some decent pressure in the third period for the Bruins. The B’s infraction combined with the two-goal deficit makes this a severely uphill climb over the next four minutes.
3:34: Another goal for Gagne, this one of the power play variety, and the Bruins Faithful are pouring out of the Garden with the game seemingly out of reach. Something about Boston and the name Gagne just doesn’t seem to mix, does it?
The Flyers have a 3-1 lead over the B’s with 3:45 to go in the third.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5