Two goals by Gagne in third sink the Bruins
|03.03.09 at 9:03 pm ET|
17:38: A pretty Simon Gagne tip of a long Andrew Alberts bomb from the right point beat Manny Fernandez and has given the Flyers a 2-1 lead. Gagne made a nice play to fend of Aaron Ward in front before reaching up to redirect the wrist shot. The score came after heavy pressure by Daniel Briere and Mike Knuble around the Boston net.
14:07: A great night for the Mike Knuble/Mike Richards/Gagne connection as Gagne flipped a no-look, backhanded pass to Knuble in the slot, and big body rifled a shot through Fernandez’s five-hole to make it a 3-1 lead for the Flyers.
4:28: Holding the stick penalty for Chuck Kobasew after some decent pressure in the third period for the Bruins. The B’s infraction combined with the two-goal deficit makes this a severely uphill climb over the next four minutes.
3:34: Another goal for Gagne, this one of the power play variety, and the Bruins Faithful are pouring out of the Garden with the game seemingly out of reach. Something about Boston and the name Gagne just doesn’t seem to mix, does it?
The Flyers have a 3-1 lead over the B’s with 3:45 to go in the third.
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?