Mark Recchi traded to Boston for Lashoff, Karsums
|03.04.09 at 1:34 pm ET|
TSN is also reporting that the Bruins have also acquired veteran winger and lefty shot Mark Recchi and a 2010 second round pick from the Tampa Bay Lightning for Matt Lashoff and Martins Karsums. Great job by Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli of acquiring a depth defenseman and the veteran left-handed shot he’s desperately needed for the power play in Montador and Recchi.
Recchi has 13 goals and 32 assists in 62 games for the Tampa Bay Lightning this season, and has twice played the role of rental player for the Carolina Hurrincaes and Pittsburgh Penguins in recent years.
“I’m excited. I didn’t know what was going to happen,” said Recchi this afternoon on the TSN Trade Centre show. “It’s a great opportunity with a great team and some great young players. When I get there the coaching staff will fill me in on my role. I’m going to try and help bring a championship to Boston.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season