Bruins still trailing by a 2-1 score in third period
|03.05.09 at 9:13 pm ET|
It’s been such an eventful third period that even the notorious TD Banknorth Garden “Dancing Man” — with his customary mustache and train conductor hat — was caught napping when the camera panned on him during the Romantics’ “What I like about you”. He finally got up and did a quick hand jive move after about 10 seconds staring off into space, but that’s a pretty good indicator of the energy Boston’s new look hockey club is giving off here in the third period.
3:05: Big flurry by Boston over the last few minutes with the Lucic/Savard/Kessel line reunited and putting some pressure on Bryzgalov and the Phoenix defense. The Coyotes goalie just smothered a loose puck in front — from a Lucic backhander — a second before Michael Ryder could pounce on it.
1:38: Great job by Shawn Thornton baiting rookie Viktor Tikhonov into an elbowing penalty in the waning minutes of the game. B’s will end the game on the power play, and have a great chance to tie it up.
The Coyotes lead the Bruins by a 2-1 score with 00:35.4 to go in the third period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara