Kobasew and Upshall goals have B’s and Coyotes tied at 1-1
|03.05.09 at 7:29 pm ET|
Chuck Kobasew put the Bruins up first with a slap shot from the high slot that — aided by a screaming P.J. Axelsson crashing the net — squeezed between Ilya Bryzgalov’s pads and trickled into the back of the net.
Minutes later Mark Recchi — skating on the top line with Marc Savard and Phil Kessel — camped out at his familiar spot by the post and redirected a Dennis Wideman shot that hit the crossbar and then deflected high up into the netting.
9:58: Zdeno Chara doled out the biggest hit of the net when he caught Coyotes forward Enver Lisin with his head down and crumpled the ‘Yotes winger into a heap. Several Phoenix forwards came after Chara following the hit, and Chara was called for interference.
7:59: Scottie Upshall can score against the Bruins — whether he’s a member of the Flyers or the Coyotes after getting traded yesterday. Joakim Lindstrom picked Dennis Wideman’s pocket behind the B’s net and fed Upshall for a backhanded bid that beat Tim Thomas for the power play score.
The B’s and Coyotes are tied 1-1 after one full period the TD Banknorth Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara