Reinprecht gives the Coyotes a lead in second period
|03.05.09 at 8:15 pm ET|
12:08: Steve Reinprecht migrated to the front of the net in perfect receiving position for a Nigel Dawes dish from the sideboards, and ripped a quick shot up and over Tim Thomas to give the Coyotes a one-goal lead.
Seconds later Milan Lucic delivered a punishing hit to an unsuspecting Coyotes skater in their defensive zone. The Looch was moved back to a fourth line spot with Shawn Thornton and Stephane Yelle, and appears to be taking out some frustration on the ‘Yotes.
4:30: A series of solid saves by Thomas with Andrew Ference in the penalty box. Thomas made a quick reaction save on a Peter Mueller shot that was tipped in front of the net by Aaron Ward, and then Thomas hopped back into position to make stops on Steve Reinprecht and Nigel Dawes.
2:10: Milan Lucic just missed up and to the left of the net with a high redirect of a Patrice Bergeron wrist shot.
00:10: Clever little shot by Marc Savard from a carom off the back boards. Savard was at a bad angle, but threw the puck toward the bodies at the front of the net. The puck hit defenseman Kurt Sauer, but took a bad bounce away from the net rather than back toward the goal.
The Desert Dogs lead the Bruins by a 2-1 score after two full periods of play at the TD Banknorth Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara