Recchi’s first goal in Black and Gold give the B’s a 1-0 lead
|03.07.09 at 1:17 pm ET|
16:00: Near miss by Blackhawks winger Andrew Ladd on a backhanded bid that flipped over the crossbar.
13:57: Good scoring bid by the Bruins fourth line. Shawn Thornton worked the puck into the neutral zone and tried to hit a speeding P.J. Axelsson on the off-wing, but instead a deflection put the puck on Stephane Yelle’s stick. The veteran unloaded a shot from the high slot just inside the blue line that Crystobal Huet was able to catch with some pad, and then cover up without further damage.
11:55: Near miss for the Blackhawks as Dustin Byfuglien hit Thomas and then the crossbar behind Thomas with a wobbly, bad angle forehand bid. Johnson raised his hands in mini-celebration before he hit the pipe.
00:10: Great rush up the left wing by Marc Savard in the closing seconds, and an even better dish to Phil Kessel on the right wing that got Huet moving right to left. But Kessel couldn’t handle Savard’s tape-to-tape beauty and the B’s end the period with a fruitless flurry.
Good jump by the Black and Gold here in the early going. B’s out shoot the Hawks 15-7 for the period, and laid out 13 hits over the first 20 minutes.
The Bruins lead the Blackhawks by a 1-0 score with one full period in the books at the TD Banknorth Garden.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?