|B’s still hold to a 3-1 lead over Senators||03.12.09 at 7:16 pm ET|
15:05: Great net front presence here in the second period as both Krejci and Bitz had rebound/tips that nearly snuck past Auld. Really like the room that rugged skaters Lucic and Ryder are creating for Krejci.
11:07: Dany Heatley camped out in front with a great pass from the sideboards, but Thomas stops the initial bid that was fumbled a bit by the Ottawa sniper and then Heatley misses wide left with a second poke at it.
9:26: Pinball passing between Mark Stuart, Marc Savard and Wheeler bounces around in front of Auld and the Ottawa net, and Jarkko Ruutu is eventually called for an infraction in the Senators D-zone.
6:50: Big hit by Wheeler on Ottawa defenseman Brendan Bell behind the Senators net. Wheeler has been involved physically and backchecking a bit more than the last time I saw playing in this building last week. The hit opened up a shot on net for Byron Bitz that Auld was able to stop.
4:06: Outstretched pad save by Auld on Krejci, set up by Krejci’s aggressive move toward the net through an Ottawa defender. Krejck dusted himself off and went to the net and Ryder found him with pass from the corner, but Auld swing out the quick pad. Krejci has looked energized tonight.
Bruins still lead the Senators by a 3-1 score at the end of the second period.
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter