Bruins still holding on to a one-goal lead
|03.14.09 at 1:58 pm ET|
15:15: Good recovery by Aaron Ward and Mark Stuar after pinching to keep the puck up in the Bruins offensive zone, as they hustled back to disrupt Tim Jackman on a one-man rush toward the Bruins net.
12:28: That’s a lot of young talent in the sin bin as both Milan Lucic and Blake Wheeler are in the penalty box for the Bruins, giving the Isles a two-man advantage for the next 42 seconds after coming out of a timeout on the ice.
11:41: A big takedown of tough guy Brendan Witt in front of the Bruins net by Zdeno Chara after Witt took a swipe at a puck in Thomas’ lap. Good show of toughness from Big Z with a player taking liberties on the Bruins goalie.
10:21: Both penalties killed off by Bruins. Thomas chatting with ref about a high stick he took the face from Frans Nielsen during the kill.
9:42: Hit from behind by Jackman on Andrew Ference that drew an immediate penalty. Looch stormed in to defend his fallen teammate and throw around Jackman, and he’ll also be going to the box.
4:44: Nice neutral zone pass up to Byron Bitz freed him up for a good rush to the Isles net, but Danis made the save and then covered up as Andrew Ference came in for the second swipe.
4:12: Steady glove save by Danis on a Krejci pass to a wide open Dennis Wideman at the right point. Skating together Lucic has definitely opened up some space for Krejci to operate.
The B’s still lead the Islanders by a 2-1 score with 9:42 to go in the third period.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara