Tuukka Rask goes ballistic after losing shootout at Providence
|03.21.09 at 2:03 pm ET|
Fantastic meltdown by Providence Bruins goaltender, and 22-year-old wonderboy Bruins prospect, Tuukka Rask after losing a 1-0 shootout to the Albany River Rats at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence last night. Rask had an issue with a pair of goals during the shootout session, and proceeded to slam his paddle against the crossbar and the boards before tossing a crate in a fit of pique out onto the ice in exasperation.
The first appears to be a shot that he had saved and play had stopped before the Albany skater popped the puck into the net, and the second shot appeared to ring off the post — but was also called a goal by the AHL officials.
We’ve heard — and seen — strong evidence of Tim Thomas and famous competitive temper when things don’t go his way in the game of hockey, but Rask had seemed like a pretty mild-mannered netminder. Until last night, that is, courtesy of footage from www.abc6.comvia youtube.
- Fresh Links: Sneaky Tough Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day