Bruins sign Riendeau to entry-level deal
|03.30.09 at 5:45 pm ET|
The Bruins have signed Quebec Major Junior Hockey League forward Yannick Riendeau to a three-year, entry-level contract. The 20-year-old forward doesn’t have outstanding size at 5-foot-11 and 178 pounds or skating speed, but he led the QMJHL in scoring this season with 58 goals and 68 assists while playing for Drummondville this season. Riendeau went undrafted through his junior hockey career, but scored a whopping 19 points in sweeping four games from Lewiston during the QMJHL playoffs.
Riendeau’s contract with the Bruins organization will begin next season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara