|Bruins sign Riendeau to entry-level deal||03.30.09 at 5:45 pm ET|
The Bruins have signed Quebec Major Junior Hockey League forward Yannick Riendeau to a three-year, entry-level contract. The 20-year-old forward doesn’t have outstanding size at 5-foot-11 and 178 pounds or skating speed, but he led the QMJHL in scoring this season with 58 goals and 68 assists while playing for Drummondville this season. Riendeau went undrafted through his junior hockey career, but scored a whopping 19 points in sweeping four games from Lewiston during the QMJHL playoffs.
Riendeau’s contract with the Bruins organization will begin next season.
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter