Shawn Thornton injury “minor” in nature
|03.31.09 at 9:37 pm ET|
Shawn Thornton missed his first game of the season with an undisclosed injury that he suffered at the Tuesday morning skate prior to the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning at the TD Banknorth Garden. Following the game, Julien termed the injury “minor” in nature and said that the rugged winger would be back on the practice ice either Wednesday or Thursday. Byron Bitz dressed in place of Thornton and played in his first game action since a March 15 game loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5