Shawn Thornton injury “minor” in nature
|03.31.09 at 9:37 pm ET|
Shawn Thornton missed his first game of the season with an undisclosed injury that he suffered at the Tuesday morning skate prior to the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning at the TD Banknorth Garden. Following the game, Julien termed the injury “minor” in nature and said that the rugged winger would be back on the practice ice either Wednesday or Thursday. Byron Bitz dressed in place of Thornton and played in his first game action since a March 15 game loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara