Raymond Bourque Sr. passes away from lung cancer
|04.01.09 at 6:17 pm ET|
Sad news in Bruins Nation today as Ray Bourque Sr. passed away on Tuesday afternoon in a Moncton, New Brunswick, hospital following a courageous three-month battle with lung cancer. The elder Bourque was a regular part of the Boston scene early in his son’s hockey career with the Bruins, and memorably received a Chevrolet Caprice Classic as a gift from Ray Jr. when he signed his first Bruins contract coming out of junior hockey. Ray Bourque Sr. was 79 years-old.
Wake and funeral arrangements for the senior Bourque are not finalized, but in lieu of flowers the Bourque family requests donations in the name of Raymond Bourque Sr. to Friends of Moncton Hospital Foundation, 135 MacBeth Ave., Moncton, N.B. E1C 6Z8. 506-857-5488.
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST