Raymond Bourque Sr. passes away from lung cancer
|04.01.09 at 6:17 pm ET|
Sad news in Bruins Nation today as Ray Bourque Sr. passed away on Tuesday afternoon in a Moncton, New Brunswick, hospital following a courageous three-month battle with lung cancer. The elder Bourque was a regular part of the Boston scene early in his son’s hockey career with the Bruins, and memorably received a Chevrolet Caprice Classic as a gift from Ray Jr. when he signed his first Bruins contract coming out of junior hockey. Ray Bourque Sr. was 79 years-old.
Wake and funeral arrangements for the senior Bourque are not finalized, but in lieu of flowers the Bourque family requests donations in the name of Raymond Bourque Sr. to Friends of Moncton Hospital Foundation, 135 MacBeth Ave., Moncton, N.B. E1C 6Z8. 506-857-5488.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season