Raymond Bourque Sr. passes away from lung cancer
|04.01.09 at 6:17 pm ET|
Sad news in Bruins Nation today as Ray Bourque Sr. passed away on Tuesday afternoon in a Moncton, New Brunswick, hospital following a courageous three-month battle with lung cancer. The elder Bourque was a regular part of the Boston scene early in his son’s hockey career with the Bruins, and memorably received a Chevrolet Caprice Classic as a gift from Ray Jr. when he signed his first Bruins contract coming out of junior hockey. Ray Bourque Sr. was 79 years-old.
Wake and funeral arrangements for the senior Bourque are not finalized, but in lieu of flowers the Bourque family requests donations in the name of Raymond Bourque Sr. to Friends of Moncton Hospital Foundation, 135 MacBeth Ave., Moncton, N.B. E1C 6Z8. 506-857-5488.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5