Savard nets the game-winner in a 2-1 final over the Sens
|04.02.09 at 8:04 pm ET|
16:58: Compelling evidence by P.J. Axelsson is skating with Savard and Wheeler. Axy steals a lazy pass from a Sens D-man and finds Savard streaking to the net. Savard lets it rip from the right faceoff circle and beats Auld top shelf with a wrister. Then Savard does his “scoop the ice” with the glove celebratory move followed by an Ovechkin-like bump into the glass above the boards.
Don Cherry would not approve.
12:51: Chris Campoli just tried to separate a rushing Zdeno Chara from the puck at the Sens blue line. After getting thrown to the ice by Big Chara, something tells me he won’t be attempting it again.
9:07: Quick little dust-up between Chara and Nick Foligno. No penalties and it was separated after each got a quick parting shot in. Chara is definitely channeling some playoff snarl in the last few games.
1:55: High-stick on Mark Recchi. Sens will be on PP to end the game. We may see the always exciting 6-on-4 advantage in the final minute of the game here.
1:15: Acrobatic ballet move by Thomas to leap out of the way as an Aldredsson shot from the side angle came speeding through the crease. Thomas was just looking to get out of the way and keep a bad bounce from pin-balling back into the net.
The B’s take their fifth straight victory with a 2-1 win over the Ottawa Senators at the Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara