Bruins will host 2010 NHL Winter Classic at Fenway
|04.09.09 at 11:47 am ET|
A hockey source familair with the proceedings has confirmed to WEEI.com that the 2010 NHL Winter Classic will take place at Fenway Park on Jan. 1 with the Boston Bruins taking on an as-yet-undetermined opponent. The two most speculated opponents for the Fenway game have been the New York Rangers and the rival Montreal Canadiens, with the Habs the more likely of the two teams.
After the last two NHL Winter Classics have gone without a Canadian hockey team, it’s expected there will be pressure exerted by the powers that be North of the Border to get the Canadiens involved in the Boston game. Bet on B’s and hope for the Habs Jan. 1 at Fenway Park, and expect a banged out ballpark with mittens, hot cocoa and earmuffs as far as the eye can see. Should be a once-in-a-lifetime type event.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara