Still no Ference
|04.15.09 at 10:08 am ET|
WILMINGTON — Defenseman Andrew Ference was again the lone player missing from practice on Wednesday morning in Wilmington as the Bruins held their second practice of the week in preparation for Game 1 with Montreal on Thursday night at TD Banknorth Garden.
Ference has been out since suffering an undisclosed injury against the Rangers on April 4.
B’s head coach Claude Julien, who took part in the warmup skate on Wednesday morning and took his shots at Manny Fernandez, said on Tuesday that there was no update and that Ference continues to be “day-to-day.”
“I think when you see him on the ice for the first time, that’ll be a good sign,” Julien said.
The team began practice shortly after 11 a.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5