The rout is on for the Bruins, 5-1, at TD Banknorth Garden
|04.18.09 at 9:04 pm ET|
18:52: Tom Kostopoulos just got leveled by Mark Stuart in a mid-ice hit while he was stretching for a puck entering the B’s zone.
11:46: Knockout hit by Mark Stuart delivered on Saku Koivu as Blake Wheeler chased him up the right side of the ice. The B’s were outhit 24-16 through two periods by the Canadiens, but it really doesn’t seem that way out on the ice tonight.
Jaroslav Halak in the game for the Habs at the start of the third period.
9:57: Now this game has had everything. Genltemanly Patrice Bergeron, who is up for the Masterson Trophy this season, dropped the gloves with Josh Gorges and completely pounded the Montreal defenseman with a series of strong left hands. That was his first career fighting major. What a time to pick.
Completely expecting the Canadiens to run somebody here in the final few minutes.
4:32: And just as I say that, Milan Lucic takes on the entire Canadiens on-ice five. Mathieu Schneider hit Lucic with a butt end to the face in front of the Montreal net, and then Lucic hit Maxim Lapierre in the face with a cross-check as he approached to intervene. Then the entire Canadiens quintet converged on Lucic, ripping his helmet off and throwing shots at him in the pile. Lucic is done for the night after taking a five minute high-sticking penalty and a game misconduct.
The Bruins are routing the Canadiens by a 5-1 score with 4:27 left in the third period in Game 2 at the TD Banknorth Garden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara