Report: Lucic to have disciplinary hearing with NHL
|04.19.09 at 10:14 am ET|
According to a report on TSN, B’s winger Milan Lucic will have a hearing with NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell on Sunday after getting a match penalty in the third period of Saturday night’s Game 2. Lucic was given a minor penalty for cross-checking when he came up high to Maxim Lapierre’s head with his gloves and stick when Lapierre approached Lucic in front of the Montreal net. Following the game, the refs amended their call and slapped Lucic with a match penalty for the exchange.
According to NHL rules, a match penalty results in ejection from the game along with suspension pending a review by the NHL Commissioner’s office. That review appears to now be underway.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline