Report: Lucic to have disciplinary hearing with NHL
|04.19.09 at 10:14 am ET|
According to a report on TSN, B’s winger Milan Lucic will have a hearing with NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell on Sunday after getting a match penalty in the third period of Saturday night’s Game 2. Lucic was given a minor penalty for cross-checking when he came up high to Maxim Lapierre’s head with his gloves and stick when Lapierre approached Lucic in front of the Montreal net. Following the game, the refs amended their call and slapped Lucic with a match penalty for the exchange.
According to NHL rules, a match penalty results in ejection from the game along with suspension pending a review by the NHL Commissioner’s office. That review appears to now be underway.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara