Report: Lucic to have disciplinary hearing with NHL
|04.19.09 at 10:14 am ET|
According to a report on TSN, B’s winger Milan Lucic will have a hearing with NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell on Sunday after getting a match penalty in the third period of Saturday night’s Game 2. Lucic was given a minor penalty for cross-checking when he came up high to Maxim Lapierre’s head with his gloves and stick when Lapierre approached Lucic in front of the Montreal net. Following the game, the refs amended their call and slapped Lucic with a match penalty for the exchange.
According to NHL rules, a match penalty results in ejection from the game along with suspension pending a review by the NHL Commissioner’s office. That review appears to now be underway.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5