Report: Lucic to have disciplinary hearing with NHL
|04.19.09 at 10:14 am ET|
According to a report on TSN, B’s winger Milan Lucic will have a hearing with NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell on Sunday after getting a match penalty in the third period of Saturday night’s Game 2. Lucic was given a minor penalty for cross-checking when he came up high to Maxim Lapierre’s head with his gloves and stick when Lapierre approached Lucic in front of the Montreal net. Following the game, the refs amended their call and slapped Lucic with a match penalty for the exchange.
According to NHL rules, a match penalty results in ejection from the game along with suspension pending a review by the NHL Commissioner’s office. That review appears to now be underway.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season