|Don Cherry giving some big B’s love on HNIC||05.03.09 at 4:51 pm ET|
Good Boston Bruins material from Don Cherry from ‘Coach’s Room’ on Hockey Night in Canada over the last couple of weeks. Cherry has never shied away from showing some big, big love for his former team, and he fires off a few good rounds over the last few weeks of TV time.
The first CC is a walk down memory lane with the Lunchpail AC team he helped mold behind the Boston bench, and a comparison between B’s goaltender Tim Thomas and Hall of Famer Gump Worsley given their similarly athletic, frenetic goaltending styles. There’s no denying that some of the old school grainy Gump footage looks like a heck of a lot like Thomas when things get a little hectic around the Boston cage.
Here’s another round of CBC’s Coach’s Corner from this weekend with Cherry continuing his long-standing hockey love affair with Marc Savard. Cherry also features what looks like a Bruins beanie baby on the HNIC desk while he and HNIC host Ron MacLean breeze their way through the intermission show. He starts it all by pronouncing “I’m on the (Bruins) bandwagon”, and then lauds Savard for everything from his playmaking to the understated way he celebrates goals in Game 1 against the Hurricanes. Love the Scott Stevens “crazy eyes” shot as well.
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...