Bruins storm the Canes by a 4-0 score in Game 5
|05.10.09 at 9:29 pm ET|
There doesn’t appear to be a Zdeno Chara sighting on the bench. Not good. Nevermind, Chara just returned to the end of the Boston bench.
19:12: Chara jumps back on the ice to huge cheers.
17:03: Shawn Thornton just checked in with a beatdown of Tim Conboy at center ice. Maybe he thought that was Jokinen’s #38 rather than Conboy’s #38.
16:22: Pretty awesome sight. The Bruins are tossing all of their gold towels down into the penalty box with Conboy, Joni Pitkanen and Anton Babchuk all sitting in the visitor’s box. There’s about 20 gold towels in the sin bin now after one of the Canes players looked as if he spit on the towel and then threw it back into the stands.
14:37: Erik Cole in the box for delay of game. More gold towels getting tossed in the box.
8:52: Great kick save by Tim Thomas on Joe Corvo.
7:39: Ballgame. Michael Ryder lifts a shot from the slot that Ward is able to stop, but Lucic loads up the gun on the rebound and blasts away from the right faceoff dot. See you in Carolina.
7:07: Apparently Conboy didn’t have enough. He and Mark Stuart just dropped the gloves, and again Stuart threw him to the ground amid a flurry of right hands.
3:04: Good brawl at the end between the B’s and the Canes. The hate is really starting to flow between the two squads. It included a shot to the face of Aaron Ward when the Boston D-man hadn’t even dropped his gloves.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara