|Marc Savard still on track to play in Game 7||05.13.09 at 3:24 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien reiterated this morning that Marc Savard is expected to suit up and play in Game 7 on Thursday night after suffering a knee-on-knee hit from Chad LaRose during the third period of Game 6. The center was helped off the ice following the hit and took a quick shift before retiring to the dressing room for the remainder of the game.
In the Cloak and Dagger world of Stanley Cup playoff injuries, I’ll remain skeptical that there still may be some uncertainty whether the B’s All-Star can play at 100 percent effectiveness on Thursday night – but the B’s coaching staff is sending the same message that there’s no question about Savard’s availability.
”Same as last night,” said Julien. ”I don’t anticipate any reason he couldn’t play.
”I know it’s Chad LaRose, and everyone would like to think it was dirty, but it wasn’t. It was a collision, and there is nothing more to say than it was two guys colliding.”
–The team worked out off the ice, but rehabbing forward Marco Sturm was the only skater going through on-ice workouts.
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.