Jacobs expected to address Bruins media on Wednesday morning
|05.26.09 at 9:27 pm ET|
The Boston Bruins announced on Tuesday afternoon that the B’s father-and-son ownership tandem of Jeremy and Charlie Jacobs will address the media in a Wednesday morning conference call. The Jacobs’ will “discuss the Bruins' 2008-2009 season and outlook for next year.”
It’s expected that the two main voices in Bruins ownership will also clarify the contract situation concerning B’s GM Peter Chiarelli, who is entering the final year of a four-year deal with Boston. There’s been no indication that an extension announcement concerning Chiarelli is impending, and it’s unclear what — if any — sticking points are holding up a new pact for the Sporting News NHL Executive of the Year.
Protracted contract squabbles with an NHL executive that’s turned the Bruins franchise around in three short years would be an extremely short-sighted move by Bruins ownership, as would allowing Chiarelli to enter the final year of a four-year contract signed back in May, 2006. The guess here is that Chiarelli would have no shortage of suitors next summer should Delaware North allow it to get to that point.
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline