Report: Kessel for Kaberle trade talks are ‘quite possibly dead’
|06.26.09 at 6:04 pm ET|
MONTREAL — TSN has had their finger on the pulse of the Bruins’ activity here during NHL Draft weekend in Montreal, and — according to their report — the Phil Kessel-for-Tomas Kaberle trade talks are “quite possibly dead”. According to the report, there was a fairly major miscommunication between the two hockey clubs on Thursday night with the Bruins believing that the Leafs No. 7 pick in the first round was part of the package.
As originally reported, the Bruins believed that they were sending a draft pick and Kessel to the Leafs for four-time All-Star defenseman Tomas Kaberle and the No. 7 pick in a 2009 draft class top-heavy with talented, young defenseman. With the Leafs/Bruins deal apparently shelved for now, the B’s brain trust will likely now go back to attempting to improve their position in the first round from their current pick at No. 25.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara