Report: Kessel for Kaberle trade talks are ‘quite possibly dead’
|06.26.09 at 6:04 pm ET|
MONTREAL — TSN has had their finger on the pulse of the Bruins’ activity here during NHL Draft weekend in Montreal, and — according to their report — the Phil Kessel-for-Tomas Kaberle trade talks are “quite possibly dead”. According to the report, there was a fairly major miscommunication between the two hockey clubs on Thursday night with the Bruins believing that the Leafs No. 7 pick in the first round was part of the package.
As originally reported, the Bruins believed that they were sending a draft pick and Kessel to the Leafs for four-time All-Star defenseman Tomas Kaberle and the No. 7 pick in a 2009 draft class top-heavy with talented, young defenseman. With the Leafs/Bruins deal apparently shelved for now, the B’s brain trust will likely now go back to attempting to improve their position in the first round from their current pick at No. 25.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5