B’s take tough guy MacDermid with fourth-round pick
|06.27.09 at 12:22 pm ET|
With the 112th overall pick in the fourth round, the B’s selected Lane MacDermid from the Ontario Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires. The 20-year-old left-winger scored seven goals with 14 assists in 38 regular season games played during 2008-09. Most notable, however, was the success MacDermid enjoyed during the Spitfires’ playoff run that culminated with them winning the OHL’s championship. In 20 playoff games, MacDermid scored four goals with five assists.
MacDermid is also known for his feisty play on the ice. He is especially notorious for his intense fighting and passion, logging 17 fights and 112 penalty minutes in the OHL. A standard Google search proves this as most of the results are YouTube videos of his numerous fights. At 6-foot-3 and 204-pounds, MacDermid is an imposing figure.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara