In sixth round, Bruins take Tyler Randell
|06.27.09 at 1:20 pm ET|
After skipping the fifth round, the Bruin’s next pick came at the 176th overall slot.
Enter Tyler Randell.
While he only just turned 18 two weeks ago, the 6-foot-1, 191-pound right-winger is plenty experienced. Randell won a gold medal as a member of the under-17 Team Ontario club in 2007, and played in 19 playoff games as a member of the OHL’s Belleville Bulls. In 73 games for both the Bulls and the Kitchener Rangers (who traded for Randell midway through last season), Randell scored 24 goals with 13 assists for a total of 37 points in 2008-09.
Randell was the 13th ranked OHL player in 2009, according the NHL scouting report.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara