In sixth round, Bruins take Tyler Randell
|06.27.09 at 1:20 pm ET|
After skipping the fifth round, the Bruin's next pick came at the 176th overall slot.
Enter Tyler Randell.
While he only just turned 18 two weeks ago, the 6-foot-1, 191-pound right-winger is plenty experienced. Randell won a gold medal as a member of the under-17 Team Ontario club in 2007, and played in 19 playoff games as a member of the OHL's Belleville Bulls. In 73 games for both the Bulls and the Kitchener Rangers (who traded for Randell midway through last season), Randell scored 24 goals with 13 assists for a total of 37 points in 2008-09.
Randell was the 13th ranked OHL player in 2009, according the NHL scouting report.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?