Bruins announce affiliate agreement with Reading Royals
|08.04.09 at 4:49 pm ET|
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced on Tuesday afternoon that the Bruins organization have entered into an affiliation relationship with the Reading Royals of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). Under the affiliation arrangements, the Bruins will be able to designate players within their development system for assignment to the Royals during the 2009-10 season.
The Royals have played in Reading, Pennsylvania since 2001 and are also the ECHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Former Providence Bruins winger Ned Lukacevic, who arrived last fall in a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers for Andrew Alberts, played in 13 games for the Royals last season prior to the deal. The Bruins did not have an ECHL affiliate during the 2008-09 season. For more information on the Royals, visit www.royalshockey.com.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5