Bruins announce affiliate agreement with Reading Royals
|08.04.09 at 4:49 pm ET|
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced on Tuesday afternoon that the Bruins organization have entered into an affiliation relationship with the Reading Royals of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). Under the affiliation arrangements, the Bruins will be able to designate players within their development system for assignment to the Royals during the 2009-10 season.
The Royals have played in Reading, Pennsylvania since 2001 and are also the ECHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Former Providence Bruins winger Ned Lukacevic, who arrived last fall in a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers for Andrew Alberts, played in 13 games for the Royals last season prior to the deal. The Bruins did not have an ECHL affiliate during the 2008-09 season. For more information on the Royals, visit www.royalshockey.com.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara