|Bruins announce affiliate agreement with Reading Royals||08.04.09 at 4:49 pm ET|
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced on Tuesday afternoon that the Bruins organization have entered into an affiliation relationship with the Reading Royals of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). Under the affiliation arrangements, the Bruins will be able to designate players within their development system for assignment to the Royals during the 2009-10 season.
The Royals have played in Reading, Pennsylvania since 2001 and are also the ECHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Former Providence Bruins winger Ned Lukacevic, who arrived last fall in a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers for Andrew Alberts, played in 13 games for the Royals last season prior to the deal. The Bruins did not have an ECHL affiliate during the 2008-09 season. For more information on the Royals, visit www.royalshockey.com.
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins can't solve Brad Thiessen,...
- Fresh Links: High Gear Edition
- VIDEO: Extended Highlights of Rangers/Bruins Game 2
- Dear NBC: Time To Acknowledge The AHL
- Monday Morning Skate: LUUUUUUUUUNDQVIIIIIIIIIIST
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain