Hockey East officials to announce outdoor games at Fenway
|08.12.09 at 5:05 pm ET|
Hockey East officials along with coaches and athletes from Boston College, Boston University, the University of New Hampshire and Northeastern University are planning to hold an Aug. 20 press conference at Fenway Park, according to a release sent out by Hockey East on Wednesday afternoon.
As previously reported on WEEI.com, BU and BC are slated to tangle in an outdoor hockey game at Fenway Park on Jan. 8 and the UNH and NU women’s teams are also expected to announce an outdoor hockey game at Fenway Park as well. Both games will be made official at the Fenway press conference. College officials are expecting that the two college hockey games will be an excellent option for those not able to procure tickets to the Bridgestone Winter Classic between the Bruins and Flyers on New Year’s Day.
For those wondering, it’ll be an 8 p.m. start and Boston College will be the home team for the Friday Night hockey tilt under the lights at Fenway. Boston University and Boston College play each other three times during the Hockey East regular season with each team taking turns with the “extra” home game, and this season was the Eagles’ turn to have an extra home game. So BC head coach Jerry York and his BC Eagles will give up their additional game at Kelly Rink, and instead play the Jan. 8 game at the Fens.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara